Perhaps you’ve heard of varicose vein stockings before, but weren’t sure what they were for exactly. After you’ve had spider vein treatment or varicose vein surgery, your doctor will require you to wear medical compression socks for a specified period of time.
- 20-30 mmHg thigh high compression socks is the recommended strength following a surgical procedure
- 15-20 mmHg thigh high or knee high compression socks is the recommended strength following sclerotherapy or for daily use
- You can purchase medical compression socks here.
- Two to six weeks is the recommended time to wear compression stockings after any vein treatment
- Wearing compression stockings daily will help to relieve the symptoms of varicose veins